VEC Entrepreneurial Certificate Program
Interested in starting your own business or becoming an entrepreneur or seeking to expand your current small business? Earning a VEC Entrepreneurial certificate from the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) could help you build your skills, increase your knowledge in your chosen area of business, and prepare for entrepreneurship.
The VECâ€™s online certificate program allows you to learn at a time thatâ€™s convenient for you without sacrificing your work or family obligations. Individuals who complete the program are eligible to receive financial Assistance through the VECâ€™s Business Start-Up and Expansion Grant program. The grant program provides start up or business or expansion funds to those who have completed the certificate program.
Participants in the program complete six (6) online training modules to receive their certificate form the VEC. The modules include videos, PowerPoint slides, and supporting material. A brief online exam is taken by the participant at the conclusion of each video.
Benefits of a Certificate from the Virtual Entrepreneurship Center
- Typically completed in a few weeks to 1 month
- Focus on your key topics to starting a business
- Develop relevant entrepreneurship skills without the commitment of a full degree program
- Coursework focuses on specialized skills, professional development, and advanced training
- Opportunity to be selected for a grant to start up your business or company or expand your current operations